- Use Leftover meatballs
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup carrots diced 1/4-inch
- 1⁄4 cup celery diced 1/4-inch
- 1⁄4 cup onion finely diced
- 1⁄2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 16oz can diced tomatoes undrained, preferably fire-roasted
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup of ditalini pasta or other small pasta
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan for serving
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Pour in a can of tomatoes.
- Add Italian seasoning, and a bit of salt, and freshly ground pepper. Stir to combine. Add meatballs. Continue simmering for another 15 minutes, to allow the flavors to come together.
- Add pasta and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. Taste for seasoning and add additional salt, pepper, and/or Italian seasoning as needed. Discard bay leaf.
- Remove from heat and stir in baby spinach until wilted.
- Serve garnished with freshly grated Parmesan.