- 1 lb Saltfish
- 2 (16oz) cans of Ackee, drained
- 2 Red bell pepper, finely sliced with seeds removed
- 2 Onion, small, finely sliced
- 1 Bunch Scallions, green and white parts chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, minced
- 2 Sprig Thyme
- 4 Roma Tomato, cut into wedges
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon neutral oil
- In a large saucepan add the Saltfish and cover with water.
- Bring to boil for 25 minutes, drain and add a fresh batch of hot water.
- Bring to a boil for an additional 20 minutes.
- Transfer Saltfish to a bowl, and flake with a fork into large chunks; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add bell pepper, onion, scallions, scotch bonnet, thyme, tomato and cook, stirring, until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add reserved saltfish, scallions, drain and add the 2 (16 oz) cans of Ackee, stirring gently to keep saltfish and ackee in large pieces.
- Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.