- 2 cup ap flour
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 5 yolks
- 5 whipped egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1/3 buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 tablespoon each almond-flavored liqueur and French vanilla syrup
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl add AP flour, self rising flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and oil together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, yogurt, mayo, disaronno, and french vanilla syrup.
- Continue to beat for 1 minute and turn the mixer off.
- Add dry mixture and beat for another minute.
- Using a rubber spatula to fold the carrots and nuts into the wet mixture.
- Continue to fold until there aren’t any visible streaks of flour.
- Beat egg whites on high speed in a clean mixing bowl using a clean whisk until they form frothy peaks.
- If there are any traces of yolk in the bowl or on the whisk, the egg whites won’t get stiff!
- Fold egg whites into the batter using a rubber spatula. Egg whites should be distributed evenly and batter should look frothy.
- Pour batter into the baking pan
- In a large bowl, mix together room temperature butter and cream cheese on a low to medium setting for about 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar continuing to mix it into the cream cheese and butter until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and mix to combine