- 2 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4–6 anchovy filets in olive oil or anchovy paste
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, more to taste
- 2 teaspoons dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mild olive oil
- Cut iceberg lettuce into 8 wedges
- Half cherry tomatoes
- Thinly slice red onion
- Drizzle the wedges with dressing and garnish with tomato, onions, and chives.
- In a mortar pestle, smash together garlic and salt until broken down and juicy.
- Add anchovies, mashing together with the garlic until a paste forms.
- In a medium bowl, add mixture and whisk in egg yolks, lemon juice and zest, dijon, Worcestershire, and black pepper. Combine thoroughly.
- Drizzle olive oil into the mixture, while whisking in a steady stream.
- Keep whisking until all the oil is emulsified.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary