- 4 pound chicken (bone in-thighs, legs, wings)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup sriracha
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce , optional
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- canola oil, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken pieces, buttermilk, sriracha, salt, pepper and hot sauce and refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Mix the paprika, garlic powder, with the flour, cornstarch in a medium bowl with a baking sheet set up next to it.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, then add each chicken piece to the flour, coating well, then place onto the baking sheet and let sit for at least 30 minutes (the flour will become paste-like).
- Add a large dutch oven ½ full with canola oil heated to 365 degrees and fry in batches (do not crowd the pan) cooking for 10-12 minutes (check for 165 degrees and that the chicken is cooked through).