- 1 lb. sushi grade tuna
- 5 Tablespoons high quality olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup minced chives
- 1 large baguette
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 heirloom tomato
- Flaky sea salt
- Slice the tuna into very thin, sashimi style pieces and place in a shallow bowl.
- Dress the tuna with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, soy sauce, and chives.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and place on the grill, cut side down for 2-3 minutes, until toasted.
- Add the whole tomato to the grill and let it char and get soft, remove and chop it up with some salt and pepper remaining olive oil.
- Remove the bread from the grill and rub each side with garlic.
- Next spread the tomato on the bread, flesh side down.
- Season the bread with flaky sea salt and top with the tuna then garnish with chives.
- Cut into 1 ½-2 inch pieces to serve.