- ½ pound butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme, minced
- 1 loaf french bread
- 2 cups grated comte cheese
- ½ pound jamon de paris, thinly sliced
- ½ cup tomato puree
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a saute pan and add 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- When the butter has melted, stir in the onion and garlic, cook for 4-5 minutes and then stir in the thyme and tomato puree.
- Bring to a boil, turn off heat and use a whisk to stir in the remaining butter and set aside.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise and remove the crumb.
- Spread the tomato sauce on each half, then add the ham and cover with cheese.
- Place on the grill to toast bread and melt the cheese.